We Are Exclusive Buyers' Agents - We Only Work with Buyers
We do not accept listings but if you have a local home to sell in this market, we will be happy to recommend an exceptional listing agent that we partner with for you to interview. We can work in tandem with any listing agent you choose and coordinate timing. That agent can focus on selling your current home while we focus on finding your perfect new home. We find that this team approach works extremely well and eliminates any conflict of interest.
Read: How We Help. Find out more About Us.
*"Ann was so great to work with. This is the second time we worked with her and will again if we move in the future. She is very honest and knowledgeable every step of the way. She helped us negotiate a great deal and we couldn't be happier in our new home!. We highly recommend Ann!" – Tracey & Bobby K. (Cornelius, NC to Huntersville, NC)
*"We were up in Ohio, trying to decide whether or not we wanted to move to North Carolina to be near our daughter and family. That went on for about five years, back and forth, and during it all Wayne was patient, sent housing info and answered questions. We finally got serious about it recently and Wayne was there every step of the way. He's a wealth of knowledge about all the cities and towns, is very CALM when we felt like screaming and made the buying process effortless for us. He's personable, funny and a southern gentleman- wonderful to work with." -Tom & Cheryl L. (Medford, OH to Denver, NC)
"Ann was able to find the perfect house for us. She is very knowledgeable about how the real estate market is doing and the neighborhoods. The web portal that Ann puts all the available houses on was easy to use and a great tool for browsing. I would highly recommend Ann to find the perfect house." -Cheryl & Frank M. (PA to Mooresville, NC)
* “Ann was wonderful to work with as an agent. She is extremely professional, very organized, and extremely detail oriented. She helped to coordinate the negotiations and purchase of our new home while she was on vacation in Europe. She was very knowledgeable about the properties she showed us & only showed us homes within our specifications and price range. She was aware and respectful of our time restrictions, just having had triplets. Ann was a pleasure to work with and also recommended a wonderful mortgage company, attorney, and painter. It was an awesome experience!!!” -Chris & Alison M. (Gastonia, NC to Mooresville, NC)
* “My husband and I have been dealing with Wayne and his services for A LONG TIME! We have taken numerous trips down to the Lake Norman area to make sure it was where we wanted to retire in the near future. Each trip down Wayne lined up homes for us to look at. He spent a great deal of time with us even knowing we were not “ready” to purchase just yet. Low and behold that “perfect” house came along and we could not pass it up. He helped through the entire process. Helped guide us with mortgage company, insurance, inspection etc. We are so happy that he was so patient with us during each trip, making us feel so comfortable and making us realize that Lake Norman was where we need to be. We actually made the offer on the house sight unseen….(only photos on the site). We were so confident that Wayne, by this time knew exactly what we wanted, that when he said the house was great we KNEW it was for us. He is truthful and a pleasure to do business with. We have now gained a friend.” -Pete and Katie Z. (Leonia, NJ to Mooresville, NC)
* “Wayne – Thank You so much for not only all your time and help finding is a home here in NC, but also for sharing your expertise on various topics and answering all of Bill’s numerous questions! We really appreciated your input and advice along the way – through the whole searching, loan, and building process. Thanks again for Everything!” Laura & Bill H. (Nashville, TN to Huntersville, NC)
* “Simply Phenomenal and a sensational pleasure to work with. We reached out to Wayne and Ann 2 months out from our desired closing date. From day 1 we felt like we had picked the best buyer's agents NC has to offer. Wayne is exceptionally knowledgeable of the area and is always available. He always an answer readily available for any question we had. We found our dream home in less than a week after calling Wayne. We could have never done it would them!! We are super grateful and anxious to recommend friends and family. Thank you so much!!!" Rafael & Yali N. (Cornelius, NC to Mooresville, NC)
* “Ann was simply amazing. Since we were buying from out of state, we relied on her help so much throughout the process - from setting up listings for us to review and discuss electronically, to setting up appts, helping us learn the area and neighborhoods, and even doing the home inspection, appraisal, and such since we could not be in town. I never had any issues getting a response from her, and her quick turnaround time and wealth of information were invaluable. She made us feel much more secure and confident in the entire process, and we would trust her again to buy or sell a home in a heartbeat. She was flexible with our schedule (we have a 2 year old) and was always readily available to help or answer questions. Ann made the process for us truly a positive one and has even been available to help answer questions and guide us since the home buying process is complete. We cannot recommend her highly enough and thank her enough for all her help - she truly is a kind, caring, and friendly person and professional in the highest sense of the word!" Mary Kay and Kory J. (Broadlands, VA to Huntersville, NC)
* “From the beginning, when we first met, Ann showed a great professionalism and a lot of knowledge on the real estate business in the Charlotte, NC area. After the first meeting, when we had set-up our requirements for the new house in the area, Ann came right away with a lot of options and began to send us daily up-dates on available properties. The great thing about her work is that she had provided a deep knowledge in all aspects of area, schools, builders, up-dates which helped us to narrow down the favorite properties. Ann was always 100% on the task answering every time the e-mails, addressing concerns, giving advices. Once we have visited a good number of properties, Ann was able to address all the concerns related to our picks and pro and cons were discussed. This helped us tremendously in making the right decision and make an offer on the house we liked. Ann was all the way with us in negotiating the conditions, price timing. She also provided a great guidance on mortgage lenders which helped us expedite the process and get the closing done in very short time. During the whole process Ann was helping us with documents, timing and next steps. Over all was an excellent experience to work with Ann and we are very happy with the decision we have made. I would recommend Ann to anyone who wants to buy a property in this area as she knows very well all the aspects of the business, are and a lot of details as she has excellent connection with all the local real estate agencies. Thank you again Ann for the excellent job you did for us!!" Mircea & Irina R. (East Longmeadow, MA to Davidson, NC)
* “We worked with Wayne for a long time to find the perfect home for us. He is knowledgeable, trustable, and was very patient with us! I would highly recommend this husband and wife team!" Jodi & Tom D. (Cornelius, NC to Mooresville, NC)
* “Ann Kemp helped us purchase a home in the Davidson, NC area. She made it easy for us even though we were buying from out of state. Everything was done in a professional and timely manner. She is an excellent buyer's agent.” Bill & Sara W. (Greenville, SC to Mooresville, NC)
* “My wife and I worked with Wayne to purchase our first house. He is easy to work with, does not push at all, and makes sure to guide you in finding the home that will best suit your own needs. Wayne looked out for us throughout the entire purchasing process, and stayed calm and collective during some tense negotiation moments. I would highly recommend working with Wayne on your next home purchase." Matt & Maureen C. (Cornelius, NC to Mountain Isle Lake, NC)
* “My wife and I were first time home buyers without any knowledge of the process. When searching for an agent we liked the straightforward information that was provided by Find a Home Carolina as well as the fact that they were exclusive buyer's agents. Ann was extremely helpful throughout the process, she helped us to focus in on the things that were truly important to us and steered us away from properties that may have looked good on the surface but would have left us dissatisfied down the road. When we had questions she was quick to respond with concise and useful information. When we did find a property that we wanted to make an offer on she was focused and helped us to move quickly to make sure we got our offer in before any open houses. She outlined the facts in an easy to understand way and never made us feel like any of our questions were stupid. Her responsiveness helped us to grab the house we wanted. Leading up to closing she provided updates on key milestones and helped to answer any questions that we came across. She was on time for all of our appointments and helped the whole process to run more smoothly than we ever expected it could. We highly recommend Ann for anyone in the market!" Zach & Lauren S. (Huntersville, NC to Charlotte, NC)
* "Ann is a very knowledgeable agent, especially in the Lake Norman area. I had done a lot of my own research prior to officially starting the process. She was very professional in giving feedback and advice throughout the entire process. Her availability and responsiveness were very good.......I will definitely be going to her again. Ryan R. (Huntersville, NC to Huntersville, NC)
* “Ann is a very honest and to the point person. We told her what she wanted in a home, she found several for us to look at and that evening we put a contract in on our home. Thank you for everything!!!!” Nicole and Jerry H. (Coral Springs, FL to Mooresville, NC)
* “My wife and I truly had a pleasurable experience shopping for and buying our latest house. This was without a doubt a result of the diligence and hard work of our realtor, Wayne Kemp. Wayne was prepared on every occasion despite our short notice changes. Everything was perfectly organized and the schedule was maintained as we preferred. The only modifications were the ones that we interjected. Despite these changes, everything worked out perfectly because Wayne spent the time to get to know us and predicted where we would go off track in advance. Wayne was personable and witty? we enjoyed his personal conversations in the car and his insight into the homes we were considering. He looked at the big picture and made appropriate recommendations when solicited. As a buyers only agent, he had only our best interest in mind. We had worked with two agents prior to Wayne and the comparison could not have been more revealing. When we gave him a price range much below what our income could afford, he did not question it. When we attempted to increase our price range, he asked us why and discussed with us the added benefits we would gain by doing this. He never tried to sell us anything more than we wanted? he never forced us to look at houses we could afford, but did not want. This was the exact opposite of the experience we had with other realtors in the area. He never considered his commission during the process. I could not recommend a realtor more than Wayne Kemp. I hope that this testimonial ensures that more people have the same amazing home buying experience that we had." Jason & Nicole P. ( Diverville, MS to Huntersville, NC)
* “We had a great experience working with Ann Kemp. We first started looking in Spring 2013 and had a couple job changes that caused us to wait a year and a half before looking again. Ann was patient and understanding of our changing circumstances and kept us informed until we were ready to start looking again. The online Portal she set up allowed us to comment on listings and ask questions. It was extremely helpful and user friendly. She provided immediate information on properties we had marked as favorites. When we were ready to make an offer, I was very impressed by the amount of research Ann did on the home, neighborhood and sellers, which allowed us to make an appropriate offer. Ann was very helpful during the due diligence period and right up until the day of closing. I can't think what more you could want in a realtor, and have recommended Ann to any family and friends.” Geoff & Rachel P. (Charlotte, NC to Huntersville, NC)
* “House hunting with Wayne was a fantastic experience for my wife and I. We were looking to buy our first home and Wayne took the time to educate us on the process and provided us with some great insight into the areas we were searching in. We never felt rushed or nervous on the days we went out on tours. He made us feel very comfortable and listened to our feedback. We would highly recommend Wayne for your home search.” - Bryan & Erin R. (Charlotte, NC to Cornelius, NC)
* “Anne was highly recommended to us by a colleague and within a very short period of time of working with her, we knew exactly why that was the case! We had some specific requirements related to the directions of the house and rooms and Anne was patient and understanding. She did thorough research on the properties based on our requirements and guided us through the buying process with ease. She has great knowledge of the neighborhoods and shared relevant information and useful tips. I would also like to point out that I loved the private online property portal where Anne updated our favorite property listings with notes and other relevant information on a daily basis. I highly recommend Anne as I strongly believe that she is a standout agent who is extremely professional, knowledgeable and caring.” –Pavan & Shruti R. (Danbury, CT to Huntersville, NC)
* “Between my wife and I, we have had 5 properties and have dealt with at least 10+ broker/agents and Ann is hands down the ABSOLUTE BEST.
We were considering relocating to Charlotte, NC from NYC and had absolutely NO CLUE on the areas. I’d spent countless hours searching and reading on City-Data, Zillow, Truila and Realtor. Only if we found Ann earlier, the time would have been more productive. Ann created a portal for us and gave us constant feedback on the properties we are interested in. Her professional advice was invaluable in finding our new home. Ann would steer us away from possible remap FEMA flood zone, power towers, too close to any major roadways, slanted hills and several of other possible flaws with the property that we would never have thought of.
Ann really worked for us and did not pressure to buy the most expensive house to reap the highest possible commission. Instead she only showed us the house that fit our criteria. We communicated for about two months via email and the portal before we flew down for a visit. By then we have looked at over 200+ house online and Ann scheduled 20 showings in ONE DAY!!! This is unheard of in the NYC metro area. The house we fell in love with was not on the list of 20 showing originally scheduled, it was just put on the market on that morning and she said we might like it. Unfortunately, we got into a bidding war but we prevailed. Since we live 600+ miles away, Ann has helped us coordinate the inspection, appraisal, walk through, closing and pretty much anything and everything else.
Without Ann’s guidance, we would not have found our perfect home. She is completely reliable, extremely responsive and goes above and beyond to make sure the home buying experience is as easy as pie. If you’re looking to relocate, Ann is what you need!!! She has answers for everything, heck, I even ask her who should mow my lawn." -Victoria & Yen C. (NYC to Charlotte, NC)
*"We worked exclusively with Ann who was extremely valuable resource as we investigated moving to North Caroline this past Spring. Through initial conversation and exploring our very specific needs Ann enabled us to minimize time spent in NC to find the Right house for us in the Right location. We found Ann to be very knowledgeable of the area as well as using tools to identify critical factors necessary for a successful move to a new area. Ann was highly professional at all times, especially when we were touring houses. Her special gift was being able to keep us on track of our identified needs and once we found the house that was right for us she guided us through the negotiation process. Additionally, after returning home she continued to effectively assist us remotely as we prepared for the closing in NC. We would highly recommend Ann Kemp." Caroline & Rosemary H. (Kansas City, KS to Lincolnton, NC
*"Wayne handled everything for me since I did not live there as well as travel constantly. He took the worry out of this worrisome lady. I intend to use Wayne again for my parents house in the next year or so. I highly recommend Wayne and Ann. Superb couple and team." - Linda M. (Sunset Beach, NC to Cornelius, NC)
*"Wayne was referred to us by relatives in June and with very short notice, began assisting us immediately. We were only in town for six days, our time was quite limited, in which Wayne worked with us every free minute he had. He provided us with many home leads per our requirements and helped us narrow down the prospective field of homes we visited. Wayne was very attentive to our needs and made many positive suggestions that helped us make our final home buying decision. We are extremely grateful that we had the opportunity to work with Wayne and would gladly recommend him to any of our friends or relatives." Nancy & Mark H. ( Homer Glen, IL to Mooresville, NC)
*"We can't say enough about Ann's professionalism and expertise, and are so lucky to have found her on Zillow! We had a deadline of only 30 days to find our first home, and chose Ann because of her wonderful informative website, and great reviews. Ann returned our emails and phone calls immediately and didn't waste any time in referring us to a great mortgage lender, and starting our home search. With very little information from us, Ann managed to choose a handful of houses in our price range that completely fit our needs and wants. She was honest and up front with us during our search, responding quickly and thoroughly to our questions and concerns. She worked with our lender to make sure we were on the right track with our budget, and in the end, found us a house over our price range, negotiating it down to our price point with very little effort on our part. Ann is extremely knowledgeable about the Lake Norman and Charlotte home markets, and we believe, the best realtor in the area! We could never have found and bought our first home without her!" -Ali & Joe P. (Huntersville, NC to Cornelius, NC)
*"My family relocated from Chicago to NC in May 2014. Long distance house hunting is, to say the least, beyond stressful. You don't know the areas, schools, neighborhoods...what will be the best fit for your family? Finding Ann was, without a doubt, the best thing that happened to us. Her knowledge of the area is impeccable. Ann really listened to what we wanted for our family, and worked hard to help us find the perfect location. She went above and beyond in every single aspect of the home buying process, from the search to the closing. She was on top of EVERYTHING, nothing fell through the cracks. Everything about Ann impressed us, but I think the thing that stands out most is her reliability. Ann took care of all the little things we couldn't. She helped make the home buying process flawless for us. Ann really is a gem, and whether you are new to the area or already familiar, she will help you find the perfect home. We couldn't be happier! -Rick & Michelle G. (Chicago, IL to Huntersville, NC)
*"Wayne was an awesome realtor! He was so patient (Even after looking at 30 homes) and helped my husband and I find the right home for us. He is very honest and worked to help us find the best neighborhood/area possible. He knows lots about real estate and the area. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a realtor. He is the best around!" -William & Hailey R. (Mount Holly, NC to Stanley, NC)
* “My wife and I were just visiting Charlotte, and found Wayne online. We read all the exceptional reviews and were excited to get to work with him. After showing us around he definitely did not disappoint. He was extremely knowledgeable of the area and found us exactly what we wanted. Not only was he great at showing us everything the Charlotte area had to offer but he was so helpful in the escrow and closing process. We were first time buyers and he literally walked us through everything. He was quick to answer our calls and was the there every step of the way. We could not be happier with our choice of realtors. Thanks Wayne for everything!!!" -Robert & Maygan M. (CA to Cornelius, NC)
* "Wayne is a must have if you are buying real estate. He is very professional, always suggests the best course of action and has a lot on knowledge in this area. He truly is looking out for you the buyer. I would recommend him to all my friends and family." - Mark D. (Huntersville, NC to Charlotte, NC
*"If you are looking for a partner in buying a property in the Lake Norman area, Wayne and Ann are THE BEST.
We were specifically looking for a buyers agent who could assist in our search for property. Wayne was refreshingly honest and answered every question without hesitation. He took the time to explain things that we wouldn't have even known to ask.
We 100% recommend Wayne and Ann. We not only plan on keeping in contact with them but also would use them again if we are looking for additional properties." Roy & Lisa Beard (Mooresville, NC to Sherrills Ford, NC)
* "Ann did a FANTASTIC job for us. We are from Michigan so we relied heavily on her guidance and advice. She bent over backwards to meet every request and need we had and helped us to find a great house. She then did a wonderful job negotiating to buy the house for less than we imagined was possible. We HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Ann!!" -Mike & Patty F. (Plymouth, MI to Denver, NC)
* "We visited Lake Norman twice in the past two years and began looking for a house or property. Checking on line for someone to help us - especially as we were from Pennsylvania, and did not know allot about the area - I found a few realtors. I signed into the Kemp's site Find a Home Carolina because I liked that they worked solely for the buyers. Our experience has been excellent - and I am sure we were trying with the numbers of questions and emails. Then when we had the chance to go there to look at property, Wayne set everything up, took us to almost a dozen properties and was so helpful, although not persuasive with his own opinions in any way. We did not find our dream home and kept looking On a second trip to see four properties, we were very interested in one of them. Wayne helped us with an offer and through the entire process. We would highly recommend this agency to anyone seriously looking for property in the Lake Norman and surrounding area." - Cherie & Michael D. (Beaver, PA to Mooresville, NC)
*Our experience with Ann has been nothing but top notch. This is our second home we have purchased with Ann. She is very efficient in all aspects of her job. We would highly recommend her to others and also if we were to purchase a home again, she would always be whom we would work with. She is the best. -Mike & Marcia P. (Cornelius, NC to Huntersville, NC)
* Since I am from Indiana, David Letterman's home state, I have written a top 10 list!
TOP 10 REASONS I LIKE ANN KEMP, FIND A HOME CAROLINA 10. She's nice 9. She knows the Lake Norman area 8. She listens to what features you want in a house 7. She is honest 6. She is a buyer's agent, working in your best interest 5. She sets up a great personal web portal for you to use to view the listings 4. She is quick to respond to your questions 3. She is very knowledgeable during the purchase process 2. Her service doesn't end after the sale ... She continues to help until closing and after And .... the #1 reason I like Ann Kemp and Find a Home Carolina ....
1. She gave us a way-cool housewarming gift!!!!
You will not be disappointed with Ann Kemp. " -Steve & Christy G. (Fort Wayne, IN to Huntersville, NC)
* "My experience with Ann lasted ~9 months and 50+ home viewings. I was a first time home buyer and interested in buying my dream home with character. I started my search in the suburbs of Charlotte and then ended up completely changing my mind half way through and decided that I wanted to look in the downtown area. Even though Ann was a master of the suburbs she was also a master of the downtown area. Ann is extremely knowledgeable and honest and there were times where we disagreed on homes that were worth it or not but she was always supportive throughout my search and always remained positive. My search became very stressful when I decided to move to the downtown area because the market was hot in the areas I was looking at. Therefore it required both myself and Ann to stay on top of listings and once homes came on the market Ann made herself available in order to see the homes within 24 hours. My search became very stressful and Ann sympathized with me as she had not experienced this type of housing market in years.
There was one day where I asked Ann if we could exhaust every other house on the market that we hadn't seen in my target area. Even if they didn't seem perfect on paper we decided to just go check everything out. That day Ann spent the day with me and showed me every home possible and at the end of the day I wasn’t thrilled with anything I had seen. I had already put in 3 offers at this point and had lost out and I was tired of searching. Ann left me that day reminding me that when the time was right it would happen. Thirty minutes after Ann left, a home came on the market in my target area and I called Ann and she turned around immediately and came back to show me the home. Within an hour we had put an offer in and two days later we had it under contract and we bought the home a month later with no bumps in the road.
Throughout my entire search Ann was patient, extremely knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. My search was very chaotic at times but Ann was always positive and tried to keep my spirits up. As a first time home buyer I know I was a pain at times and it almost felt at times that I was buying a home with Ann rather than just for myself. However because of that I knew Ann cared and she wanted the best for me and didn't want me to get in a tough situation. Ann never pressured me into making an offer and if she honestly believed a house wasn't the right one she would tell me. I don't think I could've had a better realtor and I really hope that in the future I will be able to work with Ann again. Ann is truly a representative of the perfect realtor and I highly recommend anyone use her. " -Ashley B. (Mooresville, NC to Charlotte, NC)
* "Ann was everything we could have asked for in a realtor. To start, she organized a personalized website for us to stay updated on homes that fit our search criteria. She always had our best interest in mind and was very focused on resale value when purchasing a home. She knows which neighborhoods, lot characteristics and home features are desirable and which ones should be avoided. She is always honest about the pros and cons of a house. She is a great guide during the home search process, and an even better adviser during negotiations and purchasing details. She goes above and beyond to make sure her buyers are comfortable and are receiving reputable services while under contract. As inexperienced home buyers, we knew we were in good hands!" - Frances & JC S. (Huntersville, NC to Cornelius, NC)
* "My Husband and I worked with Wayne to buy our first house together in the Lake Norman area. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area and the market. We changed our search criteria midway through and Wayne was very patient and flexible, while also helping steer us in the right direction. At the end of the day we found a great house for a good price and would recommend Find a Home Carolina to anyone house hunting." -Stephanie & Cory R. (Cornelius, NC to Mooresville, NC)
* "Ann has sold my husband and I two homes. Each time Ann was an invaluable asset. Exceedingly efficient, Ann values our time and hers. She helped us stay on track (not get distracted by charming money pits, etc). Her thorough research helped us narrow down houses before ever hitting the road. She schedules around traffic, geography, and is always on time for showings. In our most recent experience we were in a time pinch and she was able to help us find and home and close on it in our EXACT time frame. Her no nonsense approach is perfect for anyone needing help narrowing down and especially someone completely unfamiliar with the area. Also, the first house she sold us happened to be a great investment ;) If you are purchasing a home anywhere in the Charlotte area, the Kemps are absolutely the best." -Melisa & Matheus S. (Cornelius, NC to Huntersville, NC)
* “If you are looking for an agent that will listen to your needs, respond to every question no matter how small, guide you through the entire process of finding and purchasing a home, you have found that agent in Ann Kemp. Over 2 1/2 years ago we started a search for a condo in the Lake Norman area. Her web site was clear and easy to navigate. We traveled to Charlotte 2 years ago intending to purchase and with her help, we found the perfect place; but circumstances at home in CT prevented us from following through at that time. For the next 2 years we continued to work with Ann - she never gave up on us! this spring we again traveled to Charlotte. she set up a day to show us properties--very organized, she was able to answer all our questions. Once we decided and had a contract on the property, she guided us step by step through the purchase of our home. My best advice is to follow ALL of her recommendations--she knows how to navigate the journey. For example, she recommended we us a mortgage company rather than Wells Fargo for the mortgage--we should have followed her advice. it would have saved us many weeks of delays and frustration." -Elodie & Rick M. (Plantsville, CT to Cornelius, NC)
* "We would highly recommend Ann Kemp for your search of a property. She is professional, personable and patient! Her knowledge of the area is excellent and we could not have managed without her. Ann tirelessly helped us find our home which took us over a year to find. She found our needs and wants in a home and sent us emails and detailed information on each home we viewed. We finally found a house that fit the bill but it was a short sale. This did not daunt Ann and she walked us through the long and tedious process of purchasing a short sale. After 5 months of negotiating and renegotiating and filling in mounds of paperwork required the purchase was successful and we love our new home. Thank you Ann! -Charlie & Caroline C. (Davidson, NC to Huntersville, NC)
* "We've moved & owned many properties throughout the country, so consider ourselves very experienced buyers. Initially located Ann Kemp via her website...we lived 350 miles away. Exchanged a few messages explaining our situation and property preferences. Used (shopped properties) the website extensively for over a year prior to meeting Ann for our first area and property tour. Ann's website was the best property search website we've ever seen, providing excellent search capabilities. Impossible to have personally screened the hundreds of properties without Ann's website & assistance. We posed questions for a specific property on-line and Ann would provide an answer that day. Ann was very professional and patient. She provided car tours, answered all our questions, and pointed out characteristics of the property we missed. Highly recommended website and buyer's agent!" David & Donna M. (Haymarket, VA to Mooresville, NC)
* "Ann helped make our first experience buying a house to be great. Her knowledge of the market and the time taken to understand our needs; demonstrated how committed she is to find the right house for the right people. Ann also helped us understand the right investments to make for our future in our home. I would highly recommend Ann to any home buyer, as Ann was recommended to us by a previous customer.... She's great." Daniel & Meghan R. (Australia to Charlotte, NC)
* "I dealt with Wayne Kemp in his capacity as a buyers agent. He is very personable and honest with responses and opinions when asked. Not a high pressure guy but has a system to keep you abreast of new properties in the area which I found to be very helpful. He communicates very well and quickly understands what you want and then delivers. I would not hesitate to highly recommend using him for your real estate needs. Should the need arise I definitely would use Wayne again." -Scott W. & Matilyn W. (Charlotte, NC to Mooresville, NC)
* "We were looking to buy a home in the Charlotte/Concord area and were referred to Ann by a coworker. While I worked in the area, we lived near Atlanta, GA. My fiance had never been to NC and I surely didn't know what area was a good one to live in, and Ann definitely pointed us in the right direction. I never could have imagined living in a neighborhood like the one we do now. Not once did I feel pressured to buy a home and once things got a little rocky with the loan officer, she was there to help deal with things. Even while she was away on vacation in England she was still emailing us on a regular basis and guided us through the closing process. We are very thankful to have had Ann and would definitely pass along a reccomendation." -Tom S. (Atlanta, GA to Charlotte, NC)
* "Wayne Kemp has been patient with my picky picks on house hunting and gave up all odd times to meet whenever I am available among my tight schedule. He puts in extra effort to find the best fit among my preferences and budget limits. I strongly recommend Wayne Kemp if you are looking for a place to live within Lake Norman, NC." Matt & Ann H. (Mooresville, NC to Mooresville, NC)
* "We moved from Wilmington, NC and wanted to find our retirement home 'somewhere' near Lake Norman. Of course we thought we could do this without the help of a realtor and quickly became overwhelmed with the options available in the surrounding area. Wayne and Ann helped us narrow down our search by listening to what we really wanted and needed: close to the water, close to highways, affordable. We are now living in our dream home and plan to stay for the long haul!" -Cheryl & John A. (Wilmington, NC to Maiden, NC)
* "In our quest to find the perfect home in the Lake Norman area we came upon a website Find a Home Carolina, LLC. After reading numerous testimonials we decided to give them a call. It was the BEST decision we have ever made. Wayne was very responsive to our wants and needs. He was thoroughly organized having home viewings down to a science. He is very knowledgeable on the area and if he could not answer my question(s) at the time it was asked he found the answers very quickly. Once we found the house his services did not stop. Being from out of state we very thankful that Wayne and Anne were handling the transaction of the purchase. The entire process of our home purchase went smoothly and without much confusion. Wayne and Anne were always one step ahead. I know that I call on Wayne at any time even though it has been two years since the purchase of our home." -Tony & Kim P. (Coraopolis, PA to Mooresville, NC)
* "Overall experience with Wayne and Ann was very good. I truly only met Wayne once - Ann was my main contact. I would recommend Ann to anyone looking for a home in her coverage area. I especially would recommend her to anyone relocating that is not familiar with the area.
I have a sourcing background in business and applied the same logic to finding a realtor as I would sourcing a component or raw material. I intervied 3 agents and told them up front that they were being interviewed before I moved forward with selecting an agent. As you can imagine the reaction I received was different from all 3. I went on one house hunting trip with each agent - Short trip to view 4 to 5 houses each. During the trip I asked questions of each and begin to get to know them. I asked question about the area, schools, ammenities, etc. The thing that stood out about Ann was she gave me honest answers. May not have been what I wanted to hear but she gave me facts. The other agents listened to my questions and replied with what they thought I wanted to hear. The other thing that stood out, Ann said that when it came time to select a home she would provide me with an arsenal of information so that I could make an informed decision.
In my case I was relocating to an unfamiliar area. I needed an agent that was honest and frank about the positives and negatives of the area. Ann helped me prioritize the listing by what mattered to me and my family and quickly found a home that met our needs.
If you are looking to find a home in the Lake Norman area of North Carolina - Ann's your agent. Strong local knowledge, hard working, detail oriented, very responsive and above all honest and straight forward." -Shannon & Char L. (Aurora, OH to Huntersville, NC)
* "My family and I moved from Maryland to the Charlotte, NC area. Here is some info about Ann. She is a buyer's agent and not a buyer/seller's agent so there is more time for us. She knows all of the areas from north/south/west/east/Lake Norman. Her webpage was the most useful of the ones we viewed. Typically in a home search, we register with agents to see home listings. Ann provided comments about the houses such as the area, lot size, schools, and had been in some of the houses. She provided info to help us. Most other agents would just call us, want to speak to us, and not provide any value in their initial contact with us. She can and will take you to see a LOT of houses if you want. We saw a bunch of houses on a Sat, took a 2nd look at 3 houses on Sun, and put in an offer on Sun. Ann got us a great price and her negotiating skills got us some "extras" included that saved us a lot of money. We used many of the professionals that she recommended and they were all excellent and on-time. She is extremely knowledgable on the area so she is good for folks from both in and out of the state. She was thorough and complete on all requests from us. She assisted us after the close too. We give Ann our highest recommendation. It is safe, easy, and wise to buy a home with her. " -Mike & Lisa D. (Mounty Airy, MD to Mooresville, NC)
* "Our experience with Ann has been nothing but top notch. We worked with Ann for the purchase of our home in North Carolina 4 years ago when we relocated from Ohio. Three months prior to our move, Ann had set up a gateway for us to view homes in different developments. That was very helpful in making our decision. We are now starting to work with Ann again as we are planning to purchase a townhome within the next year. She has again set up a gateway for us to determine which area we would like to settle in. Even though we are not buying immediately, Ann has taken time out of her busy day to show current listings available in our price range. We cannot say enough about Ann as she is the best and would highly recommend her to anyone." -Marcia & Mike P. (Maumee, OH to Cornelius, NC)
* "Over a period of four decades, my wife and I have bought and sold eight homes as a result of numerous corporate transfers. Consequently, we were not neophytes when it recently came time for us to down size and acquire a more manageable property in which to spend our sunset years.
A new phenomenon, "Buyers Agent," had come into existence since our last real estate transaction in 1998. We decided to utilize the services of a Buyer's Agent and selected Wayne Kemp from Find A Home Carolina to help us with our home search in the greater Lake Norman area. What a prudent decision that turned out to be.
Wayne patiently monitored the market and sent us information about homes for sale that met our criteria for about 28 months. When we were finally ready to tour specific homes, we quickly realized how knowledgeable he is about communities in Mecklenburg and Iredell counties. He knows about stores, schools, restaurants, medical services, traffic patterns, etc. He is a consummate professional and satisfactorily answered our numerous questions.
Looking back over a wide range of experiences with Wayne, I would say the thing we valued most was his candor and honesty about properties. Every property as potential negative features, and he would mention those aspects no matter how much our thinking was colored by the positives. He once said, "I am not in business to sell houses; I am in business to make people happy with their buying choice." I may not have quoted him exactly, but in essence my paraphrasing conveys his philosophy that a buyer's long-term satisfaction is more important to him than a sales commission.
When you go shopping for your next home, it's a good idea to have a Buyer's Agent in your corner. Wayne Kemp is among the best out there, and we can recommend him with the utmost confidence." -Mary Beth & Dick H. (Salisbury, MD to Mooresville, NC)
* "In late August (2012) I decided it was time to begin looking for a house to purchase in the Mooresville, NC area and began searching the Internet. I happened upon FindaHomeCarolina.com after a random Google search. A few days later I received an email from Ann in response to my search. We agreed to meet to discuss my criteria. I immediately liked her and was very impressed with her professionalism and friendliness. Ann was critical in my success in finding the perfect home in Cornelius. She was very open and honest about locations and concerns with listings. Once deciding on a home, Anne was fantastic with making sure I understood the process and pitfalls. She offered her help at every opportunity. I have no concerns about recommending Ann to anyone who is looking to purchase a new home. You won't be sorry! Paula H." (Green Bay, WI to Cornelius, NC)
* "Words cannot express how wonderful our experience was! We signed up for the computer program called the "gateway" which most real estate agents have which narrows you down to homes that meet your criteria that are on the market. But we initially signed up with four different potential agents. And here's where the difference showed and why we chose Ann Kemp of Findahomecarolina. Ann did not just send us the gateway like the other agents did, but would monitor our selections to see what caught our interest and alerted us to issues that we might want to consider before we made a 600 mile trip to the area to see it. Or she would encourage us to come if a particular house checked all our boxes and it usually actually did, no realtor hype. Going with a buyers' agent was wonderful because she had our best interests in mind and did not try to steer us to a listing she had because she doesn't list homes, only helps buyers buy. We are not easy to please and we know that. And we ask sooo many questions. Ann never got impatient with us, always acted professionally and saw us through four weekends over 8 months and showed us over 50 homes that we requested to see until we found our dream home! Our new home is absolutely amazing and we owe so much to Ann for telling us not to get discouraged, not to settle, that we WILL find the right one! And we did! Our daughter is contemplating a move to be near us and we won't let her use anyone but Ann for their purchase!!!! Thank you Ann!" Barb & Fred B. (Springfield, VA to Mooresville, NC)
* "We recently moved from New Jersey to retire in the Lake Norman area of North Carolina. We first met Wayne Kemp almost two years ago after visiting with family in the area and kept in touch with him through the “findahomecarolina” web site while trying to sell our home in New Jersey. When we finally sold, we came down to NC and spent a couple of days looking for that perfect place on the lake. Through the entire process, Wayne was extremely professional and truly knowledgeable about real estate at Lake Norman. He got to know us personally and was instrumental in getting us into our dream home with a great view of the lake. Though we were communicating long distance throughout the sales and closing process, Wayne took care of every detail and addressed all of our concerns in a timely manner. We were fortunate to work with him and we recommend him very highly to anyone relocating to the Lake Norman area." Gerry & Joyce C. (Pittstown, NJ to Sherrills Ford, NC)
*Ann Kemp was very helpful in helping us find our home. She listened to what we wanted and steered us in the right direction. Not being from the area, she was extremely helpful in letting us know what areas that were right for us. She was very professional and knowledgeable of the real estate business. She helped make for a smooth closing. I would highly recommend Ann to anyone interested in finding a home." Barry & Joyce E. (Davenport, IA to Cornelius, NC)
*"Wayne---Many many thanks for your help..Wayne's Magical Mystery Tour of the Lake Norman area is the first treat we had exploring the area. From the first e-mail, Wayne's laid back yet knowledgeable attitude inspired us to retire to the lake. Although we tried for one and a half years to sell the farm, Wayne's patience inspired us not to give up. Everytime we visited we had a tour until we finally agreed on a house and location very different from what we had started to look at. Wayne has the patience of a saint because we started looking at tiny lake condos and ended up with a two story home facing a park with a lovely fenced courtyard out back for the 2 cats.(So much for downsizing) What a treat to also enjoy Wayne's dining suggestions. Wayne definitely takes the mystery out of buying a home from long distance. Can't wait for summer ! See you on the lake, Wayne." Starr & Joe C. (Barclay, MD to Huntersville, NC)
*"Finding an “affordable” waterfront home on Lake Norman can be a daunting chore – many are over priced or have features that can be overstated. The first thing to do is to find a knowledgeable Realtor – we were fortunate enough to team up with Wayne. Not only does Wayne intimately know the area, he is an expert in listening to the Customer, understanding their needs vs. wants, and is totally Customer driven. Over the course of several weekend trips to the lake we probably looked at over 40 houses. In all cases Wayne meticulously planned the route and timings to make the most of our search time. In all cases we were free to spend as much or as little time at the property – always guided by Wayne’s knowledge of what we were looking for. Sometimes he would “warn” us that he had only set aside 10 minutes or so on a given house because he had researched the property and knew that while the property had most of the features that we wanted, some features (no deep water access or view, etc.) would likely rule the property out as a strong contender – never was he wrong in his assessment of how we would perceive the property. One Friday morning a new, foreclosed property with a magnificent view came on the market. By 10AM Wayne had already forwarded details and pictures, and we set up a meeting for Sunday AM. We made a bid on the property and it was accepted! We thoroughly enjoyed working with Wayne and would recommend him, without reservation, to any one seeking property in the Lake Norman area" Greg & Sandi (Greenville, SC to Sherrill’s Ford, NC)
*"As first time home buyers we were pretty clueless on everything that is involved with looking at and purchasing a home. We didn't really know how to start looking for a house & stumbled upon an open house that a large realty company in the area was hosting. The realtor there pressured us to purchase the home & once she found out we weren't interested, she couldn't really be bothered with us, unless it was to show another property listed by their company. We tried to look on our own for a long time, mainly utilizing different realtors websites to search for houses but there always came that invasive pop up that requested tons of information from us (practically our social security number & blood type!) & the realtors would call & pester us. One day, we came across the Find a Home Carolina website & we could immediately see the difference. The search capabilities were far superior & the properties had more information & more pictures listed than any other website we has been using to search for homes. It wasn't long before we used the Find a Home Carolina website as our ONLY way to view houses online. We were able to save notes about each property & we even started receiving feedback from Ann on those properties before she started physically showing us the houses! We were amazed that she would take the time to give us feedback on properties before we even started working with her! After a couple weeks of browsing the website, I received a very non-invasive email from Ann simply asking us how she could help & offering to take us to look at some properties. Even though we were pretty familiar with the areas in which we were looking, we still didn't know the major things that could be a deterrent when looking at purchasing your first home (like if the house is too close to a busy road or if a company was planning to build in the backyard in the future!) Ann was so extremely patient with us & was able to provide her honest feedback on the properties we were viewing. We absolutely loved our time with her, she got to know us as individuals & she always made us feel like we were her only clients even though she was helping many people at the same time! And when the home buying process got discouraging because we thought we would never find the right house, she was always there to offer encouragement & a kind word to keep us going. She helped us every step of the way & was always there to explain anything & everything when it comes to buying a home, she was a wealth of knowledge! From the very first house we looked at, to the first offer we made, to the second offer we lost, to the inspection & to the closing, Ann was there. We cannot thank her enough for all of her time & energy she put into helping us find the perfect home (which we are now in!). Thank you Ann, you are the BEST!!!! Sara & Keegan H. (Cornelius, NC to Cornelius, NC)
*"It is often we think of Wayne Kemp as we are enjoying getting settled in our new home. Wayne helped us find the house of our dreams, within 3 short months, and helped us through the process flawlessly. My new husband & I were first-time homebuyers, clueless about the whole process. We stumbled upon Findahomecarolina accidentally, and were so pleased with how easy it was to search for homes, choosing certain features we liked, narrowing our search as we wanted. The first time Wayne or Ann commented on my notes about a house I was eyeballing, I was surprised to realize we could get free advice on the search process, even long before we were actually ready to look or buy. Wayne would periodically answer my questions without ever pressuring us into pinpointing when we would be looking, or whether we would use him as our realtor. Once we were ready to look, we met with Wayne & immediately felt extremely comfortable. He was friendly & very knowledgeable, going over the whole process with us in detail, without EVER having us sign any contracts or anything (until closing day!)... He knew a lot about many different local areas, & was able to point us in the direction of exactly what we were looking for. Wayne set up a timeline right away, showing us that it was doable to settle on a home within the short time frame of 10-12 weeks. He responded quickly to our calls & emails throughout the whole process. When it was time to "go on the search for our dream home", Wayne showed up with a spreadsheet for us, completely organized, with a place for us to take notes on each home. We were able to cover multiple neighborhoods (almost 35 houses) in one long weekend, just as we had wanted! He pointed out things we never would have noticed, and through the course of everything, we learned so much about siding, flooring, landscaping, and many things about home features that helped us choose the perfect home for us. It was so nice to know that while Wayne would never give us his actual opinion, he would always be honest about things we needed to know to make the best decision. Even when Wayne was unavailable to answer a question, he had his wife Ann contact us with a detailed answer. They made us feel like they truly cared for us. They helped us through the challenging process of dealing with a mortgage loan officer, and all that goes along with that, with much patience and expertise. The Kemps helped us understand what everything meant regarding bank documents & numbers, when we could not get a concise answer from the loan officer. Come closing day, Wayne greeted me with a knowing smile of how elated we were, but he will never know our gratitude for helping us obtain our dream home, and the way he went about doing it. We hope to be in this home for decades, and we will never forget Wayne & Ann Kemp. We have already told many people about them, and will continue to recommend them to anyone who is looking for any kind of home!" Jule & Ryan W. (Charlotte, NC to Huntersville, NC)
*"There are not enough words to express the gratitude we have for Wayne Kemp. When we found out we were relocating from Chicago to Charlotte (a.k.a Coming Home!), we contacted Wayne and he immediately set up a Gateway for us to search homes in the Charlotte area. He kept us abreast of our selected listings, and he even alerted us to properties that had been "digitally enhanced" to lure buyers. Wayne's knowledge of Charlotte is amazing, and he truly puts your needs first; there are no hidden agendas and he doesn't try to sell you on any property. We weren't first time homebuyers, but we walked away with a comprehensive education and perspective on how to search for a home (area, neighborhood, house). Wayne also helps you think about any challenges you might encounter should you sell the property in the future. We had several curves thrown at us during our relocation, but Wayne's witty, positive and professional attitude never faltered; he truly earned the name "Saint Wayne" during our search. We love our new home in Huntersville, and we know we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Wayne. Thank you for your time, humor and wisdom!" Ginger & Christian T. (Chicago, IL to Huntersville, NC
*"I wanted to write and say that you have been an exceptional buying agent for our family. If Christy and I ever decide to buy or sell again, there is no doubt that we will render your services. This is the third property I have purchased in my life and you made this experience the best by far. Your knowledge of the Lake Norman & Mooresville area and your candor were greatly appreciated. You listened to all of our needs and were always well prepared each day of our search. We appreciate your honesty and knowledge and you never tried to steer us in a direction that may benefit you. I’ll end by saying that we admire and respect your sincerity, which created a trust factor critical to the process." Sincerely, Kevin & Christy Mc. (Genoa, WI to Mooresville, NC)
*"Ann Kemp is one of the best realtors we’ve ever worked with!! Our daughter, son-in-law, and two granddaughters live in the Huntersville area and we wanted to have a place to go that would be close to them. So we decided to look for a condo nearby on Lake Norman. We found the “Find a Home Carolina” website by searching the internet and right from the start were amazed at how user friendly and informative it was. We started out slowly, just browsing, but soon discovered Ann was always monitoring the site and answering our questions more quickly than we expected. As we continued searching, Ann began to realize what we were looking for and created our own personalized website. This made it even easier to narrow down the properties we were interested in. Her attention to detail and responsiveness soon made us realize Ann was the person we wanted to be our realtor. Using our personalized website, we asked Ann numerous questions and provided her a list of properties we wanted to look at. Her replies were always speedy and to the point. Eventually we found a list of condos we wanted to see. Since we weren’t in the area, Ann took our daughter to look at them and in the end we found the perfect condo we were looking for. Ann was always professional, quick to answer our questions and concerns, and was a “go-getter” throughout the whole process. Even during the hectic days in June when there were a huge amount of closings, Ann kept things going and our closing went off without a hitch. If you’re looking for a “Customer Oriented” realtor, who understands your desires, responds promptly, gives you excellent unbiased answers and advice, and is “ever patient” with the whole buying process, Ann Kemp is the one!! Jim & Jan F. (Colorado Springs, CO to Cornelius, NC)
*"As a first time home buyer, I had no idea what to expect in purchasing a home. Wayne is extremely knowledgeable, informative, and helpful. He made the experience more efficient and much less stressful. His home search system makes the search process fast and effective. When viewing the homes, he provides a folder of detailed information about each home which was nice. Also when you get closer to purchasing a home, he finds comparable prices which is also very helpful and accurate. Also he is very good about calling you back or responding to emails. And most importantly he will answer any question with an honest answer. Overall I had an excellent experience and would highly recommend Wayne and Find A Home Carolina to anyone." Kenneth M. (Raleigh, NC to Charlotte, NC)
*"My husband and I recently moved to Huntersville from Cincinnati, Ohio. When this unexpected opportunity came up I immediately began checking out realtors and websites. The testimonials on Ann and Wayne’s website caught my attention. I contacted Ann and we bought a house a few months later. I am still amazed at how fortunate I was to have found their website. We have worked with several realtors over the years in a couple of different states with varying degrees of satisfaction. After working with Ann Kemp my husband and I agree that she is by far the best realtor we have ever worked with, far surpassing our expectations. Her calmness, patience, organization, responsiveness and dedication were amazing. I remember the first day I was going out with Ann to look at houses. She picked me up at the hotel and handed me a clipboard with an attached pen. The clipboard had a spreadsheet with all the houses we would be seeing, the details of the houses and blank spaces for my comments. Of course they were in the order in which we would be seeing them. At that moment I knew we had chosen the right realtor. The whole process was so much better than any of our previous experiences that there really was no comparison. Whether I was contacting Ann about house information or potential painters and contractors she responded almost instantly with valuable information. No matter how many questions we had, when we had them or how crazy they may have been Ann always responded fast with helpful and accurate information. Her calmness, kindness, expertise and sense of humor made everything less stressful. I have never found moving to be easy but I have learned that finding the right realtor can make a big difference. My husband and I would give Ann Kemp our highest recommendation to anyone looking for a realtor in the Huntersville area. She is not only a highly competent professional, she sincerely cares about her clients and it shows!" Chuck & Debbie D. -(Cincinnati, OH to Huntersville, NC)
*"Signing a listing agreement to sell her house in Huntersville, during a difficult real estate market and in the middle of the summer when two-thirds of the selling season was gone was a scary proposition for my mom. She needed to sell her home in Plum Creek to reduce expenses so that her resouces could more easily support her retirement. Thanks to the quality advice Wayne offered my mom to prepare her house for the market and the excellent marketing of the property that Wayne and Ann as a team provided, the house quickly received a tremendous amount of buyer attention. In about three weeks, the house went under contract very near the asking price – which was in line with comparable properties in the area. Once under contract, several modest challenges arose as is typical with home sales. Again, Wayne’s professional advice and service minimized the stress of these challenges and facilitated the closing to be conducted just in time to meet deadlines related to my mom’s long-term retirement income. We cannot thank Wayne and Ann enough for the assistance, effort and professionalism that they demonstrated during the last two months in selling my mom’s home. We would recommend their services to anyone looking for competence and results in a local real estate broker." –(Mark T.for Carolyn T.) "Your professional knowledge not only carried me through a very difficult change in my life but also, kept all of us moving forward when my frustrations surfaced. Your ability to redirect those frustrations as nothing more than normal events in the real estate business was always comforting. I felt very secure in the fact that you were handling my sale." (Carolyn T -now in Wake Forest, NC)
*"Jamie and I have had several corporate relocations / home sales and purchases in the past few years. In our many interactions with realtors I can honestly say Wayne far exceeded our expectations and past experiences. From our first meeting Wayne provided a detailed map outlining the various communities and we toured numerous areas to better understand the pros and cons of each. His approach not only made us more comfortable making a purchase but Wayne also provided us with an honest prospective of communities and homes. At the end of the experience Wayne helped guide us into a great community that met our needs and a home that was everything we were looking for. I'd recommend Wayne to anyone in the housing market; he's a great, honest, and trustworthy person and a professional realtor." -Jamie & Mike G. (from Benton Harbor, MI to Huntersville, NC "with a fabulous Golf Course View")
*“I have been telling friends and family about what a fantastic realtor Ann Kemp is and I am thrilled to have this opportunity to share my thoughts with others who are involved in the home-buying process.
I have dealt with a number of realtors in different locations and Ann is absolutely the most fantastic realtor with whom I have ever worked! She is extremely knowledgeable, organized, helpful, diligent, hardworking and conscientious and she services her clients on many levels that go far beyond what one would normally expect from a realtor. Anyone working with her will come out way ahead in many, many ways. From the very start, Ann set me up with the gateway search site that proved incredibly helpful. It was such an easy tool for me to use in order to view all of the homes that met with my criteria. Since it enabled us to communicate through notes and feedback regarding specific properties, it made the time that we spent together actually looking at homes so much more productive. And the fact that Ann went the extra mile and scouted any properties in which I expressed an interest before we visited them, enabled us to make additional eliminations and save me even more time.
Then, when we were in the process of viewing various towns and homes, her knowledge of everything from the neighborhoods themselves to the specific developments to the pros and cons of every single property was hugely helpful in my decision-making process.
And last, but by no means least, she listens to the needs of her clients. She makes those needs the focus of the search and keeps them foremost in regard to any suggestions and guidance she might offer. In fact, she actually steered me away from several, more expensive homes because with her informed experience she could clue me in to ways in which they would not meet my requirements.
To sum it all up, thanks to Ann, I got the perfect home and she saved me money! Needless to say, I feel extremely fortunate to have had Ann for my realtor.” -Lisa M. (Montclair, NJ to Huntersville, NC)
*"We found Wayne to be honest, knowledgeable and very responsive to all our real estate needs during our transistion. Wayne was able to take every call and always provide the right insight to our questions. In all our moves, which has been about 8, we found Wayne to be the most organized and responsive. We love our new home in The Farms." -Mark & Jennifer M. (Wilmington, NC to Mooresville, NC)
*“We love our house and our neighborhood!” We are finally feeling settled thanks to the wonderful assistance we received from our realtor, Wayne Kemp. After about 10 long days of countless searching, hours on the internet, and back and forth between our final selections, Wayne assured us we had picked the perfect house. We loved working hand in hand with Wayne because he was extremely patient and honest. We had millions of questions about our move and with each one he answered thoroughly and honestly. He told us all about the school districts, banks, and even which grocery stores he likes and why. It was definitely above and beyond the service we expected. We now couldn’t be happier in our new home. We are content and at peace with our decision each and every night we go to bed thanks to Wayne! I would certainly recommend his services to any couple making such a transition as a big move! Thanks Wayne Kemp!” Jim & Tiffany B. (Jackson, MO to Huntersville, NC)
*”I recently moved from a home New York City, to the Mooresville, NC area, and prior to my move, I had absolutely no idea where to even start in order to be able to relocate. And then I stumbled upon Ann’s website. Within a few hours of emailing her, she called me and answered all my questions. We worked together for a few months, as moving from New York is a long drawn out process, sorting through all the homes for sale; , but Ann was patient and extremely helpful on both ends of my move. She had all my questions answered before I even thought of asking them. And thanks to her, I found my perfect home, in only the 2nd house I looked at. She really went above and beyond her call in handling the inspection and scheduling of the closing, while I was in New York. I would absolutely recommend working with her, and I’ve already recommended her to people I know relocating to Mooresville or any of the Lake Norman communities. She not only goes out of her way to make one of the most stressful things in life go smoothly, but she is concerned about what home is suited for you as far as needs and resale value. Really, what more can you ask for in an agent.” Justine S. (from New York City,NY to Mooresville, NC)
*“Wow! Finally everything is settled. We are relieved. Indeed, we have got a very good deal. As for the house being “meant to be”, we owe you our gratitude. I must say we were impressed with your dedicated efforts to get the best deal for us. Your professionalism is exemplary (in a world where, more often, we see an interest for un-conditional profit regardless the quality of service). Therefore, I have one more request from you. When things are settled down, please send us a stack of your business cards, for us to have them. I already know few people who are thinking to buy homes (already working at NRI or to come), and I would like to recommend them your exemplary service.” Best regards, Denis & Mihai N. (from Durham, NC to Concord, NC)
*“We were referred to Wayne by the relocation service, and it worked out very well for us. Wayne has worked with relocation companies and knew the details of my employer’s relocation policy. He has a good knowledge of the real estate market in the greater Charlotte area, and that was helpful after some friends convinced us to expand our search for homes to a larger area, including Fort Mill SC. He was quite accommodating as he showed us many homes in the whole Fort Mill area. For each home viewing he brought the associated information, and he helped us remember and prioritize the advantages of those we liked best. One special thing we like him very much is that he always provides good comments on the showing houses but never pushes you for a decision. Wayne has been working hard for and enjoy getting to know the people he is working with. We heartily recommend him without reservation. Thanks Wayne for your help.” -Jianguo L. & Family (from Wilmington, NC to Fort Mill, SC)
*“Making our move from New York to Mooresville, NC was a long process. We had trouble selling our home in New York and ended up with myself in NC and my wife in NY for 8 months. We found Ann’s website while checking out the area on the computer. After e-mailing Ann, she responded within a couple of hours and offered any assistance we needed. We spent several months discussing our needs but were held up until the sale of our home in NY. Ann stuck with us all the way, even offering suggestions on trying to market our NY home better. Finally, we were together in NC and needed a place until we had the closing in NY, etc. Ann found us a nice house to rent that would allow our two Boxer dogs. After a few months, we began looking at homes. We were undecided on what type of home to get. Being empty-nesters and having two dogs, we wanted a little land, but needed affordability. Ann gave us many suggestions without any pressure and only thought of our needs and wishes throughout the whole process of locating a new home. We finally made a decision on the type of home we wanted and Ann took us around to see several homes. We found what we wanted and Ann helped us obtain a very good deal on the home. We had had a few closings in NY through the years and all of them had some sort of negative parts to them. Ann led us through the complete process for this closing. It was actually enjoyable. Ann worked with us beyond what would be expected for any realtor (for example, she suggested a Vet for our pets). Prompt communication is important to us. Ann practices excellent communication by returning phone calls and e-mails promptly. We were so lucky to find her website. We would recommend anyone to work with Ann in finding a home. The experience was awesome and very positive.” Jon & Shawna B. (Rochester, NY to Mooresville, NC)
*“Ann did a fantastic job helping us move into the Huntersville area from Maryland. This is the 5th time we have had to move in the past 8 years so we have had the experience of working with all different types of realtors. Ann was definitely the best agent we have ever worked with. We have 3 young children and wanted to learn about NC schools and family friendly neighborhoods. She was organized, thorough and patient with our many questions. She helped us find a great house and gave us all the tools we needed to determine where to buy and even how much to offer. I would recommend her to anyone moving. I hope we never have to move again but if we do, Ann would be the 1st person I would call. Thank you Ann.” -Ben & Amy H. (from New Market, MD to Huntersville, NC)
*“My husband and I were relocating to the Charlotte area from California for a new job opportunity. Prior to our house-hunting trip, we established contact with Wayne and were very impressed with how much information on the area and available homes he made available to us online. Wayne set us up with our own Gateway website. We were able to review homes and areas, and even flag those that aroused our interest. Wayne was readily available to communicate with before we even arrived in NC to see any homes. Once we arrived for our house-hunting trip, we spent three consecutive days with Wayne. Wayne exclusively focused on our needs during this time, helping us narrow down the areas, towns, and neighborhoods we preferred. Another nice touch was that while we were out in the field and came across a couple of homes that weren’t on our list, Ann was back in the office helping to research and establish a time we could walk through them. Wayne and Ann are a great team. Once we made an offer on a home, the process went smoothly and Wayne’s advice was right on the money. He clearly understands what items add to, or reduces the value of a home, and helped offer objective insights (if solicited) as we made our decision. We even hit a bump in the road regarding the correct address of the home in NC that we were purchasing. Even though we were in CA at the time, Wayne worked tirelessly on our behalf with the city and county to bring us a successful resolution. It was a great comfort to us, knowing that Wayne was available to act on our behalf in NC while we were back in CA. We were very impressed and would recommend Wayne to others considering a home purchase in North Carolina.” - Melinda and Cam T. (Folsum, CA, to Harrisburg, NC)
*“Let’s face it, moving is usually a nightmare and at the very least, a thorn in your side. Ann made our move a breeze. You could say the stars aligned but we know Ann played a huge role in making this the easiest move we have ever made. I’m certain working with us on our timeline wasn’t easy. You see, our move happened a lot faster than we expected. My husband landed his ideal job on his first interview, shortly thereafter we put our house on the market and it sold three days later (shocking considering the 2008 spring market). This all occurred within 40 days of my graduation from law school so I had little time to look for a house and we needed the perfect home to accommodate us and our dogs, of course. Just two weeks before my finals, Ann showed us close to 30 homes in a matter of two days. She already knew what we were looking for as we communicated at great length about our “must haves”. She did a great job to finding homes that fit our standards and modest budget. She also knew we had to find a home that weekend as I would be homeless in Ohio by the end of May. Ann found us a great home and even coordinated the inspections. She couldn’t have made it any easier during a highly stressful point in our lives. We have already recommended Ann to friends and family that plan on relocating to the area in the future. Thanks Ann!” Kevin and Tamara C., (Cuyahoga Falls, OH to Huntersville, NC)
*“We had a lot of specifics we wanted in a home in the Charlotte area and Ann was able to work with us to come to an excellent selection. From our initial choices that she put on our own website to Ann’s recommendations we had a broad scope of homes to look at when we arrived. With the punctual scheduling, flexibility of the search and ability to appreciate our concerns we were able to find a home within one day. The continued interest in our settling into the area after the sale shows her keen responsibility for her profession and the good person she is. In the years to come I am sure we will be calling on Ann again to help us find additional properties.” Julitta & Todd V. (Killingworth, CT to Huntersville, NC)
*“The house is perfect. Wayne made the home buying process very easy, His web site was very helpful in narrowing down the choices; he found us the perfect house, scheduled all the required inspections and made the closing as smooth as possible. I would recommend Wayne to anyone who is relocating to this area. We can’t thank him enough.” Denner and Norah A. (Cheektowaga, NY to Mooresville, NC)
*“Exceptional Service and the Patience of a Saint, that’s how I would describe Wayne Kemp. Each states housing market is so very different. It was very important to us to find that special realtor that we could trust to share with us all the correct info regarding the market and not push the high pressure sale. And that’s what we found in Wayne. He is very knowledgeable of the area and the NC market. His input was very helpful in our decision making. This has definitely been our most enjoyable home search in a long time. We would not hesitate to refer Wayne and Ann to any of our friends. Oh and need I mention, He is very “witty” when necessary to lighten things up while maintaining a very high level of professionalism.” Karen & John K. (San Francisco, CA to Huntersville, NC)
*“It was a pleasure working with Wayne. He made our move from Wilmington, NC to Concord, NC seamless. He was very knowledgeable of the area and gave us very good home investment advice for the future. We had a very short period of time to find a house, close, and move. With Wayne’s help throughout the entire process, this was accomplished without any complications. We cannot thank him enough for all that he has done.” -Jennifer and Thomas D. (Wilmington, NC to Concord, NC)
*“Having lived in a small town in Connecticut for 40+ years, my husband and I were extremely anxious about our relocation to the Charlotte, NC area. After my first communication with Wayne, I quickly realized that I was in qualified hands. He was not only efficient, prepared, and a wealth of information, he was also a pleasure to deal with. His no nonsense approach and candid responses were refreshing. The personalized website that he created for me, allowed me to view homes that matched my criteria. He updated the website at the frequency I requested, taking note of the comments and ratings I made on each home. This process allowed me to evaluate more homes in less time. Wayne offered not only his expertise in real estate, but also input on the best neighborhoods, with the best resale potential. It was a pleasure working with Wayne! I would recommend him highly to anyone relocating to this area. -Mike & Linda B. (New Hartford, CT to Huntersville, NC)
*“Wayne worked with us over the course of 6 months and very heavily over the course of the last 3 months of our housing search in Charlotte. As we approached what must have been our 75th house (I mean we walked through 75!), he was extremely patient with us and never pushed us into buying something that wasn’t absolutely perfect for us. It was VERY clear from day one that Wayne’s primary concern was our long-term happiness in our home. His commission and other clients ALWAYS seemed a distant second. He was great at explaining what we would realistically find in the Charlotte housing market, and he always came over-prepared with house info, subdivision info, community info, tax info, school info, etc. If we happened to ask one of the few questions he couldn’t answer, we had an answer within hours, if not minutes. Having Wayne and his wife, Ann, acting as a team made it very easy to schedule last minute appointments with them, since one or the other could accommodate us – always! Besides all that, Wayne’s very easy going and has a great sense of humor. By the time we found our house, which we absolutely love, we felt like we could call him a friend. Thanks again, Wayne!” Matt & Melissa P. (from Medina, OH to Charlotte, NC)
*“When we decided to move from Pennsylvania to North Carolina, we didn’t know where to start with this huge undertaking and we were overwhelmed. We did some searching on the internet looking at homes in the area. We saw Wayne and Ann Kemp’s website, Findahomecarolina,com. We have to say, it was the best move we ever made. Wayne set up a site for us to view homes that matched our criteria, answered all our calls and e-mails promptly, and his experience in the real estate market was invaluable. We went to North Carolina in March and Wayne spent an entire day showing us areas that matched what we were looking for and when we were ready to put our house in Pennsylvania on the market, he even found us the best agent in the area to sell our house. We found the perfect house in North Carolina with Wayne’s help, and we are so very happy in our new home and new life. Wayne Kemp is the best and we have already recommended him to our best friends in Pennsylvania who hopefully will be moving down next year.” Crosby and Peggy H. (from Sauderton, PA to Huntersville, NC)
*“Our relocation to North Carolina was a pleasure. Wayne Kemp was great to work with, he answered any questions we had and had us laughing a lot. Moving from state to state is always stressful; thanks to Wayne this last move was as smooth as possible. We would recommend Wayne highly to anyone who is searching for their next home.” Sincerely, Michael and Kathryn H. (from Bel Air, MD to Statesville NC)
*“Our journey home began just about a year ago when we began to realize our dream to move south might really happen. I had just accepted a very generous severance package from Kodak in Rochester, NY and my husband was hoping to receive one as well. All we had to do was wait for the youngest to graduate from high school in 9 months, sell our existing home, find a new home, and maybe new jobs.We found Ann Kemp on the internet and started an email conversation that culminated in our beautiful new home in Huntersville, NC. Ann was very patient and supportive over our year of interaction. She led us through the “discovery process” of finding what type of home and neighborhood we wanted, while steering us in the direction of qualified, well-respected, quality builders and neighborhoods with good resale value. We first met her in person in April on a preliminary visit, and then again in September when we were ready to buy. Her attention to detail and organizational skills are exemplary. When I told friends that we saw 11 houses before lunch, they assumed it would have been very confusing. On the contrary, every one of those homes met our criteria and was acceptable. The route was well-planned for efficiency, and I was presented with a clipboard equipped with each home, address, price, taxes, lot size, key points and a space for my positive and negative comments. The final selection was clearly the right one for us. During the actual buying, closing and moving, Ann again was our local resource to manage any issues and concerns with the process. She managed our final walk through since we were 750 miles away, arranged for an independent inspection, suggested local companies for amenities, and continued to follow up with the builder, and attended our closing with us. Thank you, Ann and Find A Home Carolina, for helping us find our new home!” Sue & Tim B. (from Rochester, NY to Huntersville, NC)
*“From the first time I spoke with Ann I knew we were in good hands. She is a very good listener, and was very attentive to our families needs. It was quite overwhelming to be moving from our small town to a city the size of Charlotte. Ann quickly narrowed our search down to a couple of areas. Her knowledge of the schools, neighborhoods, and traffic patterns proved to be invaluable. The personalized website set up just for us was great. It allowed us to look at homes as a family. If we weren’t seeing the houses we were hoping for, we talked to her and she told us what changes we needed to make. It was actually fun. When it came time for our house hunting trip, she was professional, and organized. We were amazed at the amount of houses we saw in a short period of time. She handled everything from, inspections to closing. We even had an opportunity to meet her husband Wayne on a couple of occasions, and he gave us his professional advice as well. Together they make a great team. We would certainly recommend them to anyone moving to the Charlotte area. If we ever have to do this again, they will be the first call we make. We love Skybrook. It is everything we hoped it would be. Thank you Ann; your help was wonderful. You helped find the right home for us.” Rob and Pam S. (from Monclova, OH to Huntersville NC)
*“Ann was very helpful in finding a home that had what we were looking for. She was organized, prompt and efficient. She picked out great homes to look at and helped us narrow down choices. We ended up with a wonderful home that we love. Thanks again for helping these first time home buyers.” -Jenn & Shawn (from Atlanta, GA to Charlotte, NC)
*“How often can one individual testify to the fact that buying real estate is both an exciting and flawless process? Most people find the experience daunting and tedious, especially when a corporate relocation is involved, and time is of the essence. Surprisingly, however, I am one of those individuals who can testify to the first statement- buying real estate was exciting and flawless- but only because Wayne Kemp made that possible! When my husband was transferred with ATT&T from South Florida, I was given about 8 weeks to find a home in Charlotte. Knowing very little about the city or the surrounding geographical area, Wayne made it his business to educate me as best as possible. He kindly picked me up from the hotel at which I was staying and proceeded to take me on a tour of North Charlotte, while simultaneously; arming me with the knowledge I needed to make a sound decision. We had a wonderful day, and when I got back to the hotel, I told my husband I had met the man that was to be our agent! After deciding that South Charlotte was more my forte and knowing that Wayne really specialized in the North area, I asked him if he wouldn’t mind driving endless miles to show me homes on the South side. Wayne was more than pleased (and if he wasn’t, it never showed) to accommodate my husband and me. He patiently listened to what we wanted, understood our taste in both amenities and communities, and began his due diligence in finding us the perfect home in the perfect community. Not only did he find homes in our price range with the amenities we were seeking, but he diligently scouted out homes prior to arranging a showing, based on an understanding of what we really wanted. He did the work for us, essentially, so that all we had to do was view the property and say “yes” or “no.” At the more than 20 homes we viewed, Wayne came prepared with documents and answers to every question we threw at him. On the occasion that we stumped him, he went back to his office, researched the question, and had an answer ready, usually within 24 hours. Wayne’s ability to listen, understand his clients, develop a rapport with his clients, and truly put our needs first, makes him the leader in his field. No matter where my next move is, Wayne will undoubtedly be part of the process again! Wayne made buying real estate what it should be- FUN! Thank you, Wayne!” Adam & Katie B. (From Sunrise, FL to Waxhaw, NC)
*"We are extremely happy with our house and with Falls Cove subdivision. Our builder, Tim Whelan, was great to work with. We actually had him finish the roughed in bathroom and construct some additional storage space behind that bathroom. We were very pleased with it. The neighbors are extremely friendly and have actually had a few community get togethers since we moved in. As you can imagine, the first couple of weeks of school were tough for the girls. However, they got involved in a lot of extracurricular activities and have developed some great friendships. Overall, the transition was a lot better than I expected. To me, the Falls Cove location is worth the drive. If you or your buyers have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks again for everything you and Wayne did to help us make the right decision.” Mary & Mark M. (from Marysville, OH to Troutman, NC)
*“Russ & I want to thank you for helping us find our new home in Huntersville. Every day we’re in our house, we love it more. We love Wynfield. We really appreciated your professionalism, patience, knowledge of the area, and knowledge of the housing market. We couldn’t have asked for a smoother experience. Lindsey & Russ E. (from Atlanta, GA to Huntersville, NC)
*“Christy and I were very satisfied with the service provided by Wayne. His communication was frequent and timely. I was able to contact Wayne most times right away by cell and was always called back in a timely manner when I did leave a message. All of our concerns were addressed; Wayne made our transition from Wisconsin to Charlotte a little easier. From the informative neighborhood and home tours, everything was handled very professionally. -Christie & Bryce M. (from New Berlin, WI to Huntersville, NC)
*“Our move to Charlotte was unexpected and short notice due to a transition at my work. We only had one week to start and finish our house hunting trip and we had no idea of what area of Charlotte we even wanted to live. Ann did a great job of helping us prepare before we flew down and had our time structured so that we could both learn the areas and see the houses on the market. Her preparation helped ensure that we only looked at houses we would like. In only 4 days, we saw all the variety of areas and homes we needed to pick just the right house. Ann did a great job helping us negotiate the final deal and we absolutely love where we live. We will definitely work with Ann if/when we move again!” Eileen & Chris S. (from Paoli, PA to Charlotte, NC)
*“Tampa, FL to Huntersville, NC - Ann and Wayne Kemp are the best realtors! They specialize in buyers and out of all the realtors in the area, we were truly lucky to find them online. Because of past experience, we hadn’t given them our contact info but were quickly impressed by Ann’s online responses. After realizing there was absolutely no pressure, we provided all of our contact info and Ann set us up a Gateway. The Gateway was an excellent tool especially considering I was out of state. It helped organize my thoughts and questions, and was easy for Ann to respond to them. According to my comments and inventory, Ann updated our Gateway adding and removing houses. While I was reviewing the Gateway in FL, Ann and my husband previewed neighborhoods in NC. When my husband came home on the weekends, I would show him what was new in the Gateway and we would go over housing together. We had plans for me to fly up to Charlotte in a few weeks but we received an offer on our house and had to take immediate action. Ann was more than happy to work with our urgency and I flew up within a day or so. From the comments submitted in the Gateway and my husband previewing neighborhoods, it gave Ann a good idea what we were looking for. Because of the Gateway, we didn’t waste time looking at housing that we weren’t interested in. Ann narrowed down housing to immediate acquisition, considering our buyer wanted us out of the house as soon as possible! We previewed a couple more neighborhoods together, and looked at a couple of re-sales that could accommodate our timeframe. They were nice neighborhoods and homes but then she brought us into a developing neighborhood that had specs or inventory homes available for immediate occupancy. We had several to choose from but the house that we chose was mostly complete, perfect for our timeframe, and suited our needs exactly. This neighborhood was in our Gateway but that particular house wasn’t listed by the builder. Although we dealt mostly with Ann, Wayne was great, too. He performed the final walk-thru with us and took us to closing. He made sure we understood everything and went over it with us while we were executing the papers. It was good to have a professional that knew the process with us. This is our third house that we’ve bought and after our experience with Ann and Wayne, I can’t imagine buying a house another way! The Gateway was excellent and Ann and Wayne are the greatest. They are truly honest and caring realtors, and exceptional at their profession. You can’t go wrong with Ann and Wayne!” Nikki & Dean B. (Tampa, FL to Huntersville, NC)
*“Moving from New York to North Carolina can be a little scary and overwhelming. Where do you start? I did a lot of research on the internet and narrowed our search down to the counties we wanted to look at. I made some calls to realtors about houses in N.C. from N.Y. They then started to call me every other day. How annoying! When I contacted Ann I immediately got a different feeling and I was right. She did not hound me and contact me every other day. But what she did do was set up a private viewing online of homes in the Lake Norman area, which listed houses in my price range, location, and style. I was able to view the homes, write comments, or even reject homes I did not like. If I had a question I would call her. When you go out with Ann to see homes, she provides you with a complete detailed report of the home including sales history, maps, schools etc. My husband and I were amazed at how much information and paperwork was provided to us as we toured Mooresville and viewed homes. This kind of detailed work was never provided to us by any agent in N.Y. we had worked with. Ann really works very hard for her clients. We also had the privilege of going on a tour with Ann and Wayne one day. Wayne is completely knowledgeable and courteous. He is also a very funny nice guy and we enjoyed the lunches we have had together. I would highly recommend this hard working couple to anyone making a big move (like we did) or if you are moving from one block to another. So if you’re looking for agents who don’t push sales pressure all over you and give you more information than you know what to do with, Ann and Wayne are your ticket” Kathleen & Roger S. (Massapequa, NY to Mooresville, NC)
*“Due to a new job opportunity, I uprooted my family from Richmond, Virginia and we began the process of relocating to Charlotte, NC. Wayne Kemp worked with me for over a year as we looked at house after house, both existing, as well as new construction communities. Our needs were somewhat different than the average family as my mother lives with us as well, so we needed some fairly specific things. We just moved into our home about two weeks ago. The process is at an end. But Wayne and Ann worked with us, looked out for our interests, and were not interested in just getting a quick sale. We were grateful for their help and flexibility, as well as their insight. They’re a great team and he’s Top notch, all the way.” Sarah & Steven N. (Richmond, VA to Charlotte, NC)
*“After our two sons relocated to North Carolina, my husband and I made the decision to sell our home in New York and move to be closer to family and away from the lake effect winter snows! I contacted Ann through their website, and over the next few weeks, while we waited for our home to sell, she emailed us with available homes in the area which had the features we were looking for & within our price range. When our home sold, we drove to North Carolina, contacted Ann on a Thursday afternoon and by Friday morning she was more than prepared with several homes for us to tour. We found our perfect home that same day, moved in within a month and just love it! Working with Ann has been a real pleasure.........she is available throughout the process to answer any questions or concerns. Moving from another state, she was also very helpful with her knowledge of the area. Things couldn’t have gone any smoother, right through to the closing. We certainly would recommend Ann & Wayne to anyone looking for agents who are professional, knowledgeable and fun to deal with.” Bernadette & Bob A. (Depew, NY to Maiden, NC)
*“When my husband suggested that we relocate to Charlotte, NC from NJ I was apprehensive. With his patience, unending good humor and quick wit, Wayne put all of my fears to rest. Unfortunately, circumstances caused our move to take almost one year. Wayne was at our side throughout that year. I flew in one weekend to view “some” homes. Wayne arrived with a list of something like 17 homes to see that day! We saw each and every one that I wanted to - we even saw one twice. I had to move down months in advance of my husband, again, the Kemps were right there to help out. I not only would recommend the Kemps to anyone relocating, I have. After I was moved and settling in, I called to ask Wayne to find a home for my mother, and quickly as she had been living with me for two months. Wayne put on his cape and mask and came to the rescue. He found her dream home in one afternoon. I have since talked my best girlfriend into relocating - Wayne is currently ever so patiently working with her. If he survives it, I highly recommend the Kemps for all your relocation needs. With the Kemps you do not just gain a Realtor, you make new friends!” Kim & Arnie N. (Lake Hopatcong, NJ to Charlotte, NC)
*“My husband and I contacted Ann and Wayne Kemp when we first decided we wanted to sell our current home and purchase a new home in another area within Charlotte, NC. Ann worked with us as our Buyer’s Agent, and she was very patient with us as we described what we wanted in our next home. She spent a great deal of time searching for the perfect home for us, and she always had time to take our phone calls and respond to our emails. As a result of Ann’s hard work, we purchased a home that we love and will keep us happy for many, many years. Wayne did a wonderful job as our Seller’s Agent, making sure to highlight all of the features of our home to potential buyers. He marketed our home so well that it sold in just FOUR days! During this whole process, we truly appreciated the high quality and honest service we received from both Ann and Wayne. They made the process of selling and buying a home seamless, and we highly recommend them.” Lauren & DJ M. (Charlotte to Charlotte, NC)
*“Wayne. I would certainly recommend you to anyone in need of your services. I’ll definitely be working on some family members and friends to move down here. I love the house.” Maureen H. (Long Island, NY to Mooresville, NC)
*“We would recommend Ann and Wayne Kemp especially if you are moving from another state. My husband and I have relocated frequently due to military assignments. This was our first nonmilitary move, and we were both very anxious about not only finding a home in the Charlotte area but also selling a condo in Las Vegas. Ann and Wayne were so helpful while we waited on the sale of our condo. They continually updated our home search with new or changed listings even though we were thousands of miles away and completely in limbo waiting on the sale of our condo. They were always available for any of our questions - no matter how ridiculous they were! We had the comfort of knowing they were available at any time, without feeling overwhelmed from too much pressure. When we finally sold in Las Vegas and arrived in North Carolina, Wayne took us out to look at listings all over the city that were within our selected criteria for two days. He was very patient with us (and our indecisiveness!). We finally found a house and community we liked but being a new development we had to choose everything for the house and wait for the construction to be completed. Wayne was very helpful in picking out flooring, cabinets and house colors. During this process he became the tie breaker for my husband and I. Wayne accompanied us to our final walk through and ensured that all of the closing process went smoothly. I cannot say enough about the professional manner in which we were treated. Their friendly attitude put my husband and I at ease throughout the process. Not only would I recommend them to newcomers, when it comes time to buy or sell again they will be the first ones I call. Thanks again,” Lisa and Josh (Las Vegas, NV to Concord, NC)
*“Due to a promotion I have recently relocated my family to Charlotte NC. The promotion is a good thing but the stress of relocating can take from this wonderful time in our lives. Fortunately we had the pleasure of working with Wayne Kemp for our realtor needs. I was very impressed with Wayne’s understanding of the situation that I was in and he did a great job. My wife and I were very pleased with the way Wayne was able to notice our family needs and direct us to a neighborhood that would be better suited towards an active family. It made us feel that he was not trying to just sell a home; he was trying to find the best fit for the entire family. I’m sure that this took some extra time in Wayne’s schedule to accommodate our needs; he definitely made the effort to meet the need. I would recommend Wayne and Ann Kemp for your realtor, I think you will be very pleased with there work.” Steve, Janet, Trent & Travis K. (Albuquerque, NM to Charlotte, NC)
*“Many months back my husband and I decided we wanted to move back to North Carolina. We lived there once before and loved it so we wanted to go back. We went online to search for homes in the area and found the findahomecarolina.com website. So we entered in all of our information of what we were looking for and then waited to be hounded constantly by a realtor. Instead we received our own website to go to showing us what was available. Several months went by still no hounding just the list of available houses. Finally we were ready to go and look to see what was out there and find out if we should alter our search criteria. Wayne set up a whole day (9am - 6:30pm) to show us around. So that morning Wayne bravely set off with us and our children who are 3 ½ yrs old and almost 1 yr old. Wayne was extremely patient with them and us and never asked for aspirin once. He made us all feel very comfortable and it was almost like he was a family friend. We looked at 13 houses and were able to narrow down our search. A couple of days later Wayne took us back to two of the houses that we liked to see them again. He told us to take our time and think about it and come back again to look at more if we wanted to. So feeling absolutely no pressure we went home to Florida and thought about it for a few days. Then we contacted Wayne and made an offer on a house in Oakhurst. Once accepted Wayne went to an inspection, a closing, and then sat at our house for us so that the alarm company could hook everything up for us as well as having a locksmith re-key our house. Then, he sent our keys over-night so that we would have them for our trip up the next weekend. I would recommend Wayne to anyone looking to purchase in North Carolina who does not want to be pressured or rushed into such an important decision. He definitely goes above and beyond the call of duty.” Sean & Jennifer W. (Coconut Creek, FL to Cornelius, NC)
*"After living in Florida our entire life we decided it was time for a change. We chose North Carolina, began working with Ann, and happily say… “She impressed us from the very beginning!” Upon our arrival she had our day meticulously planned...complete with a printout mapping the areas we were going to visit and a clipboard with information on the properties so we could make notes. If we had to identify her one ‘best’ quality it would be her ability to listen. As we viewed properties she adjusted the itinerary according to our comments. By mid-day she knew what we liked and disliked and understood our vision of the ‘perfect’ piece of property. Ann also gives 100% dedication to her clients; she has spent relentless hours helping us search for that perfect property. Her ability to be flexible was greatly appreciated when we unexpectedly sold our Florida home. Our requirements changed completely… we then needed a home we could purchase, close on, and move into within a month! With relentless dedication Ann put together potential homes and a quick weekend trip from Florida ended in ‘mission accomplished’. We are now North Carolina residents! She rendered invaluable assistance by providing consistent excellent service, initiative, and tireless effort. Please extend our wholehearted appreciation to Ann and let her know we look forward to continuing our work with her. (She is still working on that perfect waterfront lot for us!).” Gary & Debbie S. (Celebration, FL to Mooresville, NC)
*“Have you chosen to relocate to the beautiful Charlotte, NC area, yet don’t know quite where to start, or how to choose a realtor? Well, if you’ve gotten this far on Ann and Wayne’s website, you are clearly on your way to a wonderful experience with two people that uniquely understand the challenges of a complicated and exciting relocation. Our own personal story started in July 2005 and was not complete until March 2006. While our likes and dislikes (and our price range!) continued to waiver throughout those eight months, Ann and Wayne were exemplary in their ability to keep us on task and abreast of all of our current options. Not only was their patience appreciated, their optimism was much needed as we continued to wait through another winter in the Northeast until we could finally relocate. Once we were able to officially move, Ann and Wayne moved swiftly to set up a full day of house visits created specifically using our input and their expertise. The advice and consultation given to us during that day made the difficult task of choosing a house to buy in such a short time period much easier. Once we chose a short list of favorites, they provided superb guidance on what they thought the market value of each house was in order to help us make our way through the bidding process. And in a short span of 12 hours, we were able to navigate through the process and ended up with our dream house without any difficulty, thanks to their tremendous facilitation skills and tireless dedication. Ann and Wayne’s work with us did not stop there though. While we remained back in Massachusetts, they took care of everything, from the house inspection to the closing details with the attorney. Our major purchase was in great hands, even with us 850 miles away. And to no one’s surprise, the closing went perfectly and we are happily living in Huntersville and loving every minute of it!” -Keith and Cheryl W. (From Attleboro, MA to Huntersville, NC)
*“Buying a home and having a blast? Yes, it’s possible! Can you imagine two engineers relocating and buying a house? Now add some challenge to it with us coming from Germany… After a lot of research and rather annoying experiences with realtors, we hit Wayne and Ann’s Website. Finally somebody who identified himself with people like us…there was hope…our first contact was pleasant and so we decided to go with Wayne. We were looking for a newer home with a larger lot, open floor plan, 3-car garage and a nice neighborhood…at least that’s what we thought we wanted… We ended up with a Charleston Style home, with a tiny lot and a great neighborhood feel…and we absolutely love it! Ann & Wayne made buying our home an enjoyable experience. Wayne set up a website for us with all listings meeting our requirements. He took time to show us the different areas and told us what we needed to know. Wayne considered distance to work, economy, traffic and other items, which were important for us to make the right decision. He showed us numerous houses in one week and had a lot of patience when I bombarded him with Realtor.com listings, which were either pending or of the market…we learned that the page was not being updated and what Wayne lists on the website is what’s available. Being engineers we had to ask a lot of “WHY?” questions on some of the houses…like ”Why would somebody do this?”- Wayne used humor to get us back on our task ahead…buying a home we wanted rather then analyzing homes we did not like…! When ended up making an offer on one of the homes he showed us. Wayne led us through the entire process of the purchase and helped us getting through some relocation obstacles. At the end of the day he found us our dream home in an area we absolutely love and enjoy! Thanks a bunch Wayne we had a great time!” Antje and Martin (IN to Mooresville, NC)
*“Being first time homebuyers and only in Charlotte for a year, we were completely in the dark about the whole situation. Ann and Wayne took us under their wing and went above and beyond. They did not pressure us into the first thing we saw, that is for sure. They were honest about prices and house values and they educated us on what to look for and where to get neighborhood information. They were extremely helpful and always looking out for our best interest. We cannot thank them enough for making buying our first home such a pleasant experience and will go back to them when we are ready to buy again.” -Amanda & Alan (Rochester, NY to Charlotte, NC)
*“Tanya & I would like to thank you very much for your help in finding our home. We really love this place and marvel at how this house satisfies so many of our requirements. We really appreciate the fact that you put more effort into our home search than any other agent we have ever worked with...with the possible exception of my good friend, Eric in Indianapolis, who is, admittedly, over the top.
We specifically appreciate your uncanny ability to listen to our descriptions and translate them into very appropriate home showings. We also applaud your dedication in continually refining your home searches based upon our reaction to those houses we look at. The fact that you actually took the time to preview potential homes for us is a service that, frankly, is above and beyond industry standards. I can’t tell you how many homes we viewed that were removed from our potential list as soon as we entered the neighborhood. After more than nine months of searching (and utter frustration) with a previous agent, you breathed new life and excitement into our search that ended in a perfect balance of house, location, convenience, and best of all, Lake Norman! It is a very refreshing pleasure to work with professionals who listen closely and provide timely support and assistance all the way through closing. Without a doubt, Tanya and I will continue to use you for all our real estate needs, in addition to recommending you to all our friends and family. Thanks for finding us the perfect home and making “house hunting” fun and exciting again.” - Shawn & Tanya Mc. (From Hickory, NC to Mooresville, NC)
*“We would recommend Wayne and Ann to anyone that is facing the daunting task of selling or buying a house. After having an awful experience with a Realtor while selling our home in Massachusetts, it was a real pleasure to work with Wayne and Ann. They took the time to get to know what we were really looking for and did not try to push us towards some home that needed to be sold. It was nice to know that they cared about our wishes and that we weren’t just another number to them. It was great to work with Buyer Agents that did the leg work for us and were well prepared when we went house looking. Thank you, Wayne and Ann. We are very happy in our new home and in the area we have chosen. -Cindy & Ted M. (From South Attleboro, MA to Charlotte, NC)
*“I enjoyed working with you. It was a big relief to work with someone I could completely trust 3000 miles away. You made everything run as smooth as silk from my short time in North Carolina to my final trip there. Even the carpet cleaning was made easy through your coordination; I really appreciated walking into a clean new home. Anyone I know, who is interested in a new home, your name will be at the top of my list. You are terrific people, very professional and a pleasure to be associated with.” Pat A. (Puyallup, WA to Charlotte, NC)
*“Moving is listed as one of the top stressors in life and I now know that this is true! I am so thankful to have found Ann and Wayne to help reduce the stress of buying a house. Here are some reasons why I would highly recommend Ann and Wayne: 1. Knowledge: They are incredibly knowledgeable about the area and the home buying process. They were able to answer so many of our questions about neighborhoods, schools and living in the area. 2. Our Best Interest: I truly felt that Ann and Wayne were really looking out for us - wanting us to be happy with our neighborhood and making sure that we did not overpay for a house. 3. Timeliness: I always felt that Ann and Wayne were very accessible by phone or email. They make you feel like you are their number one client. 4. Professionalism: Ann and Wayne are consummate professionals. I thoroughly enjoyed my home buying experience and appreciate all that Ann and Wayne did for us! I can’t recommend them more highly.” – From Mary Margaret & Russell S. (Palmyra, PA to Huntersville, NC)
*“Ken and I would encourage anyone who wants to buy or sell a house to solicit the services of Ann & Wayne Kemp. Meet them; because once you do, you won’t be working with strangers on these important decisions. We truly believe they treated our search for a retirement home as though it was their own. That’s the way it felt. Their advice was absolutely accurate when we needed it. We were busy selling our home in Virginia; however they were busy in North Carolina also. If we liked a home, they would preview it, do background work on it, and send us extra photos. They worked tirelessly; monitoring the market for the right home for us. And they found it. Not once did we ever feel like they were trying to sell a house. We chose a home; they took care of the details that allowed us to buy it. You may think you can do it by yourself but it would be a whole lot easier if you let Ann & Wayne Kemp help you.” -Joan & Ken B. (Woodbridge, VA to Mooresville, NC)
*“I thoroughly enjoyed working with Mr. Kemp when buying a home in Charlotte area. He was always quick to respond to my calls and emails and researched additional information when needed like taxes and lot details. His efforts truly made my transition a smooth one all the way through to closing.” -Holly H. from Dalton GA to Huntersville, NC
*“I would recommend the services of Ann & Wayne Kemp for one good reason – they do what they say they are going to do. When I visited the area, they showed me every home that matched my needs. We found one. I had to leave town. All the submittals and negotiations were handled long distance. He said he would handle the inspections, the attorney, and the closing…he did. The process went very smoothly. If follow through is important to you, then I recommend their services when you want to buy a home in the Lake Norman area - hell, in any area.” -Michael F. (Union, NJ to Troutman, NC)
*“We would recommend you to anyone who is interested in the charlotte area. You are highly professional with a class that we appreciated. We feel lucky we found you.” -Yeong & Real B. (From Bridgewater, MA to Denver, NC)
*“Ours was not the typical relocation. I lived in Northern Virginia and Jack lived in New Jersey. Jacks job requires him to travel 90% of the time. We quickly discovered that the only way to find a home in North Carolina would be via the Internet. I stumbled upon Ann and Wayne’s web site and was amazed at the wealth of information. I signed up to receive all of their “Do’s and Don’ts” email. Who knew not to buy furniture until after the closing?! Ann and I discussed what we were looking for and when we would need it and when we could come down to look at houses. Ann set up a personalized web page for us, which was an invaluable tool for us. They would send listings that matched our criteria; Jack and I would add questions or comments and Ann would leave her feedback, right there on the web page. It sure did cut down on a lot of phone calls and frustrations! After 3 trips to North Carolina, Jack and Ann found the “dream house.” I came down the next weekend for the “final” approval. We now live in a brand new 4 bedroom 2 story home. It is truly “our home.” We will always be thankful to Ann and Wayne for all their hard work, dedication and never giving up - even when I did. We will absolutely recommend them to everyone we know. I am still trying to get my mother down here. Thanks again.” - Sherri U. & Jack D. (Pleasantville, NJ & Manassas, VA to Concord, NC)
*“Our house was on the market for 397 days with another agent before we switched. Ann & Wayne sold our house in 43 days. Ann & Wayne handled many of the details while we were out of town, making the process painless. We recommend them highly. Semper Fi, Wayne!” -Maria & David H. (Troutman, NC to Sparta, NC)
*“I can’t say enough good things about Ann and Wayne. The whole home buying experience is enough to promote mind altering pharmaceuticals, add to that 2 children (one barely a year old and NOT a good car rider) and you’ve got mayhem. Wayne was so good to us, he came prepared with snacks for my kids, turned up country music (it’s the only thing that calms my 1 year old) and didn’t miss a beat when the baby cried for a hour. Bless you Wayne. I can guarantee that if we buy/sell another house around the Charlotte area- it will be with Ann and Wayne Kemp. I just can’t thank them enough for all their help. They made our move a 100 times easier!” -Celena & James A. (Lawrenceville, GA to Kannapolis, NC)
*“We would recommend Ann & Wayne Kemp to anyone buying or selling a house locally or out of state. Being from Long Island, New York, most of our correspondence was long distance. They were always available by either phone or email. They took the time to discover exactly what we wanted and emailed us new listings regularly. They are extremely patient and showed us everything we wanted to see. They found us the house we wanted, and we love it! They are the best realtors.” -Nora & Paul B. (Centereach, NY to Huntersville, NC)
*“We approached Ann & Wayne to sell our house because we knew we would get two hard working realtors with great marketing ideas. They seemed to know what would work for us in order to sell our home quickly and at a fair price. They left all major decisions to us, but their insight was very helpful. They were very honest and we loved how they kept us informed of all sales activity and comments from other realtors. We were living across the country while our house was on the market and Ann & Wayne kept us informed and updated throughout the process.” -Doug & Amy B. (Huntersville, NC to Portland OR)
*“Patti and I are very pleased with the work that you and Ann did helping us find a house. As you know, starting a new job is stressful enough without adding the hassle of relocating - especially when relocating to a new and unknown area of the country. Your knowledge of the area, traffic patterns and commute times to work and points of interest helped us narrow down the number of areas that we felt we wanted to investigate for homes. The fact that we found the house we wanted and made an offer on our second day of looking proves that you understood what we were looking for. Also - taking care of the pre-closing tasks such as the inspection for us while we were not in town was a great help. This allowed the close occur very quickly, which was also very important for us.” Patti & Mark S. (Minnetonka, MN to Huntersville, NC)
*“Ann & Wayne were great to work with in purchasing our home. They were very professional and organized.” Lisa & Mike P. (Jackson, TN to Huntersville, NC)
*“While working with Wayne & Ann, we felt like they were taking our interests very seriously. We never felt any pressure to buy and didn’t waste our time showing us places that were above our price range or didn’t have the features we desired. We felt they treated us as if they had known us for some time.” Floyd D and Ann W., (Phoenix, AZ to Mooresville, NC)
*“When I first came across your web site, I noticed how much more information appeared to be available compared to other web sites. But, I was leery of submitting my real name and contact info for fear of being hounded to death by you. Taking the plunge and giving you my call-back number turned out to be a smart move. From the outset, you were pleasant, courteous, and not at all pushy. Those simple qualities led me to think that engaging you to help us find the right home would be the right choice. And for once, my wife will say I was right. The entire experience, from search, to offer, to contract, to closing, has been a great one. Throughout the whole time, you both were available no matter the time of day and made the relationship one of trust and confidence. I highly recommend all those searching for a home to contact you and will gladly speak on the phone with anyone you wish.” -Alex B. (Tampa, FL to Newton, NC)
*“Over the years my wife and I have had occasion to deal with several real estate agents; none were as good as Ann and Wayne Kemp. They do everything one would expect of good real estate agents. They know the area, they are familiar with properties in the area, and they exhibit sound customer service behavior. But more than that, they made an effort to determine exactly what we were looking for and what we could afford and then diligently helped us find it. The web site, FindAHomeCarolina.com, was very useful in locating potential homes. Ann and Wayne then helped us with every step in the process and were always there with answers when we had questions. They offered referrals when we needed help or other services (banks, home inspection, etc.) and the quality of their referrals has been excellent. The purchase of our dream home became a reality in large measure because of the excellent work done by both Ann and Wayne. But, they did not stop helping us when the purchase was finalized. They also helped with referrals for services we have needed after the purchase and before we were able to occupy the house. This “beyond the call of duty” willingness to help makes them number one on our list of real estate agents.” -Mohammed and Humera A. (Mooresville, NC to Huntersville, NC)
*“From San Francisco to Huntersville without a hitch and we saved $5000! In May 2005 my wife was offered the chance of relocating to the Charlotte area from San Francisco. I immediately started scouting for a decent, friendly Realtor that wouldn’t harass or try to sell us something we’d regret buying. I had several telephone calls and was bombarded with emails from Realtors. Ann & Wayne Kemp stood out among the crowd as they didn’t force themselves on us and only called when we requested. This was such a relief! I dealt with Ann by email and was sent daily updates of houses that fitted our needs. Ann was a great listener and sensed what we would be happy with. Ann came to our hotel in Charlotte and picked me up whilst my wife was at the Bank interviewing. Ann took me on a “grand tour” of Huntersville & Cornelius where I had researched our new home area. Between us we cut the possible list down and then took my wife out later in the week - Ann helped us find our dream home EXACTLY where we wanted - we put in an offer through Ann and she saved us $5000! We moved to Huntersville August of 2005 and are so happy with our new home. Ann made everything so simple in what can be an overwhelming and stressful time. If you need to call us for a reference please ask Ann or Wayne for our telephone #.” David S. (San Francisco, CA to Huntersville, NC)